Main Menu

Tracking Apple’s WWDC

by Ana, posted 5 years ago
Join 500,000+ users and check your own Twitter Stats for Free! Sign up now!

Our Twitter Tracker is an awesome tool to get insights in stats and sentiment from an event or topic on Twitter. To show you the power and the possibilities of the tool we tracked Apple‘s #WWDC from last Monday.

Apple uses the WWDC event to announce new features on Apple products and to announces it’s newest products, like the iPhone and the iPad in preceding years. Because these announcements are always discussed vigoursly on Twitter, it makes a great case for our Twitter Tracker.

So let’s have a look at the stats:

On the days leading up to the WWDC event and the day itself a total of 175.155 tweets were posted with the hashtag #WWDC. The peak was 301 tweets per minute, that’s 5 tweets per second!
The peak of the actvity was around 12.00 a.m. PDT. This is the moment that Apple unveiled the new streaming music service, iTunes Radio which is build into the new iOS 7 operating system.

The tracker also allows you to analyze the sentiment of the tweets around any given topic. In the case of WWDC it showed us that of all tweets 82% was positive. When zoom in we notice that Twitter users are mostly positive about iOS 7 and the new OS X Mavericks. The other 18% (negative tweets) was not impressed by the announcements or believed that Apple copied features from Android and were quite vocal about it.

Check out our WWDC Twitter Tracker here or click on the graph below.

What do you think of Apple‘s announcements on this year WWDC? Let us know in the comments.